Re: Firware drivers?

Hi,

John Hasler wrote:
Gero writes:
Now its time, to become more pragmatic, which means, debian should
offer installation media, that include non-free firmware ...

Not going to happen.

It _has_ happened, but they are "unofficial" ISO files [0].

I actually use a script [1], since slightly modified [2], that I found to add in the non-free firmware to create my custom ISO files.

[0] http://blog.einval.com/2010/12/15

[1] http://people.debian.org/~dannf/add-firmware-to/add-firmware-to
   NB: it works perfectly well squeeze too.

[2] the script works on initrd.gz files, I added initrd.img, that's all.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan