Re: Sticking with Lenny

Bernard schreef:
Dave Sherohman wrote:

Should I be specifying lenny instead of stable,

I feel quite embarrassed in reading this above. I am still on Lenny, and wishes to remain that way for as long as possible, hopefully until I buy a new computer.
Don't try for longer than a year, because then security updates will stop for oldstable.

My 'sources.list' has a few calls for 'stable', and some calls for 'lenny'. How am I to know for sure whether or not I have already installed packages from Squeeze ? Last package I installed was 'xine-ui' and, not later than 2-3 days ago, I have installed libdvdcss2 and w32codecs. How am I to know whether it is too late to changes calls to "stable" to calls to "Lenny" ?
Squeeze hit stable 2 days ago.

I thought that Squeeze had not yet been acknowledged as 'stable', but, obviously, I failed to keep informed in due time.

Below is the content of my source.list:

deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ testing main contrib non-free
Change all stable to "lenny". If all 'still works' and you can't remember a ton up updates, you'll probably still have lenny.

Sjoerd