Re: single machine, different IP addresses

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:47:00 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:14:39 +0000, T o n g wrote:
>
>>> "ip" tool settings will lost after computer restarts unless you make
>>> an script that sets the data on every network reboot... I think IP
>>> alias (virtual interface) is the way to go.
>>
>> How can it be possible, Camaleón?

Try and you'll see:

ip add host 10.0.0.1 eth0
ifconfig eth0

And then restart the machine :-)

You'll ned additional scripting rules to make that settings become
persistent.

>> I did a search, but found out otherwise --
>> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/IP-Alias.html#KEEPSETTINGS Is it
>> too old now (2001-01-23)?

No, that will work (although it needs to be customized for "Debian
style"), but that's what I mean for "additional scripting".

> Further search lead me to,

(...)

Why don't look at your own home? ;-)

Howto assign multiple IP addresses