Re: squeeze: xen 4.0.1-2 + drbd8-utils: block-drbd script does no longer work?!

Just upgraded from Lenny to Squeeze and ran into the same problem
with my block-iscsi script:

> # xm create foo.example.com.cfg
> Using config file "/etc/xen/foo.example.com.cfg".
> Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I tried to call my script directly in order to figure out what was going wrong:

xenhost04:/etc/xen/scripts# ./block-iscsi
./xen-hotplug-common.sh: line 20: ./hotplugpath.sh: No such file or directory

Apparently /etc/xen/scripts/block-common.sh includes

> dir=$(dirname "$0")
> . "$dir/xen-hotplug-common.sh"

and xen-hotplug-common.sh is to blame.

There is no hotplugpath.sh int /etc/xen/scripts or anywhere else on the system.

Where in xen-utils-common-3.2.0-2_all.deb it contained these lines:

> dir=$(dirname "$0")
> . "$dir/logging.sh"
> . "$dir/xen-script-common.sh"
> . "$dir/locking.sh"

now in 4.0.0-1 it contains:

>dir=$(dirname "$0")
>. "$dir/hotplugpath.sh"
>. "$dir/logging.sh"
>. "$dir/xen-script-common.sh"
>. "$dir/locking.sh"

Apparently hotplugpath.sh has been omited during packaging and it seems
that block device helper scripts are not the only victim.
There already is a bug about the impact on routing:

Does anybody care to add this information and upgrade that
bug's severity?

cheers
-henrik