Re: Installing Squeeze with only wireless network available

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 11:27:17 +0100
Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> Howdie, fellow Debianites!
>
> There is no wired internet available in our apartment. Is it
> possible to make the Squeeze installer use a USB wireless interface
> during installation (for setting up the mirrors, downloading from the
> internet etc.)? What do I have to do to make it happen? The wireless
> network I'm planning to use is open to all (unprotected/unencrypted).

The Squeeze installer is good.

To make the wireless work, I had to get some non-free firmware and the
installer told me what was required.

I just went onto the net and found the firmware required, placed it on
a USB stick where the installer found it, because it asked me if it
should look for these files, said yes, and it did.

It is a very nifty installer. The best yet, and I must congratulate all
who had anything to do with it. I hope you find it likewise.

Charlie
--
http://www.skymesh.net.au/~taogypsy/

You cannot avoid paradise. You can only avoid seeing it. ------------