skip fsck when booting on battery?

Hi,

Earlier today at fosdem, I was booting my laptop and it started a
routine file system check ("booted 28 times without being checked, check
forced"). Obviously I don't want the laptop doing that check when it's
on battery power, especially since it has an aging battery.

How do I turn I fix this, or is this a bug?
The laptop is an Acer Aspire 7720G running Debian Squeeze.

I do notice that the laptop seems to 'think' it was still on AC power
until later in the boot sequence, due to the brightness setting. I think
it keeps the previous AC/battery state from last boot, and only checks
again quite late in the boot process.

Any ideas are welcome.

Kind regards,
Steven