Unusable Squeeze: Can't switch off from X to consoles, neither between
- To: debian-user <email@example.com>
- Subject: Unusable Squeeze: Can't switch off from X to consoles, neither between
- From: Pier Paolo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 02:30:10 +0100
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=FVVzirQ1su2c3eLBow+SwcWCE=_9-Ou-+YPp1@mail.gmail.com>
Fresh installation of squeeze here, machine AMD Athlon II x2, board Asus M4A78LT-M LE with integrated Radeon 3000.
The problem is:
1) startx on openbox
- Switching between consoles (CTRL+ALT+Fn) make appear a blank screen,
- returning to X works (ALT+F7)
2) exit from openbox
- X closes, but the screen keep blank (black...), for every console (ALT+Fn doesn't work)!
So what??? Please, a mediacenter/server is unusable without VTs...
This problem arise with standard Xorg installation (xorg-video-ati) and radeon driver, and now with fglrx drivers