Backlight off or dimmed in Squeeze after upgrade

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded my Samsung netbook running Squeeze. I got all updates released for installed packages since last thursday. After this upgrade, my desktop in X looks very dark as if the backlight is not on or strongly dimmed. I do not recall making any changes to my setup that would have caused this other than upgrading those packages above.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to start to fix this issue. Any pointers on where to look or commands to try?

Thanks,

Remco