Re: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found

> You mean the message about a connected device when there is none
> attached to any of the USB ports? Yep, that seems to be common:
>
> sm01@stt008:~$ dmesg | grep -i new | tail -5 [   10.588574] usb usb7:
> New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001 [   10.615825] usb
> usb7: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1 [
> 10.751925] ehci_hcd 0000:00:1d.7: new USB bus registered, assigned bus
> number 8 [   10.991769] usb usb8: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b,
> idProduct=0002 [   11.003876] usb usb8: New USB device strings: Mfr=3,
> Product=2, SerialNumber=1
>
> Besides, the "unable to enumerate USB device on port 5" is harmless
> unles once you connect the device an isn't working.

Maybe it's harmless but it's not normal. On my old laptop there were no
such issues. This is clearly connected with the usb 3.0 port. And the
"new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address X" should only
appear *once* and only after I actually connect something. Instead dmesg
is *flooded* with them. Every couple of seconds there is a new message
with a different address -- they go up to 127 and then on again from 4.
They stop only after I turn ehci off. In fact they can make reading dmesg
output very problematic if I needed it in the future. Clearly something
is wrong here and I need to resolve it somehow.

Thanks,
KB