Re: debconf answerfile

In <[🔎] 4D46939A.6080403@coffeehabit.net>, Lists wrote:
>pretty much what the subject says.  I would like to feed answers to
>debconf so that I can script installing packages on a new machine.
>
>I am unable to use preseed (which would solve this) because it's a
>virtual server and I don't have access to the kernel.

How are you installing packages?  If you can (sudo apt-get install stuff)
sucessfully, it's likely you can configure pre-seeding.  From what I
understand, it doesn't actually involve booting with a custom kernel.

Anyway, debconf has a number of frontends.  The default is a curses front-
end.  You can also use a readline frontend that will read from stdin, so you
can feed it answers via redirection.  Finally, there's a noninteractive
frontend that will basically take all the defaults.