debconf answerfile

Hi guys,

pretty much what the subject says. I would like to feed answers to debconf so that I can script installing packages on a new machine.

I am unable to use preseed (which would solve this) because it's a virtual server and I don't have access to the kernel.

What I want is to provide my choices for the options I'm given, for example, when installing Postfix, I get a couple of options for how to configuring it, and I just want "no configuration" - I copy in my pre-configured config files anyway, so I really just need it to accept whatever defaults it gives and continue without my intervention.

Thank you