Re: Help with Squeeze on Acer Aspire D250

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:50:59 -0700, david wildgoose wrote:

> I've created a USB installer stick and I am trying to install squeeze on
> my Acer Aspire D250.
>
> The system boots off the USB stick and brings me to the Installer boot
> menu, but the internal speaker beeps and the system freezes.

(...)

Maybe the method you followed for creating the USB stick was borked
somehow... I remember (from Debian news) that starting with Squeeze ISO
images, creation of USB installers is now a easier and can be done
directly with the ISO file.

Have you tried to create the USB stick in that way? Here it seems to be
the detailed steps:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/InstallUsingStandardInstaller

If anything fails, you could also try with "Unetbootin" to create the
stick.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón