Re: Any package for surveys?

On Vi, 28 ian 11, 23:37:48, elbbit wrote:
> On 28/01/11 22:30, Daniel Andersson wrote:
> > On 01/28/2011 06:14 PM, elbbit wrote:
> >> On 28/01/11 16:26, Robert Bonomi wrote:
> <removed 5335 bytes>
>
> > What the hell?
> >
> > Start your own thread next time elbitt. This is not what I wanted to
> > discuss with this thread.
> >
> > /Daniel
>
> Thank you for taking the time to give us your view.
>
> Talking about spam is not what I wanted either.  I wanted to talk about
> the fact that everyone is invited to vote on any issue at any time, and
> retain the ability to change their mind at any time.  If you back track
> the thread you will find that others chose to decide to talk about spam.
>
> I invite anyone to talk about the possibilities that may present
> themselves in such a survey software like the one I have begun to
> develop.  What are the implications of everyone voting?  What security
> measures should we take to safeguard the data set?  What about validity
> of results - should fresh opinion be requested from users who give their
> vote or would it be best if older votes on a particular subject where to
> "die off" from inactivity?
>
> I would like any help the community feels it can offer, even if this is
> in the form of ridicule and slander - and I understand *in advance* that
> this is necessary in order to develop an idea so profound that I endure
> the comments in order to achieve.

This thread was started by Daniel, looking for a survey software in
Debian. Instead of helping him you took the opportunity to invite people
to vote in your survey, completely unrelated to Debian.

Hijacking a thread is considered rude and it doesn't help your cause
because:

1. people will associate your cause with your rudeness
2. your invitation is buried in an unrelated thread in an unrelated
list.

IMVHO at the very least you should apologize to Daniel for making it
impossible for him to get a solution for his problem in this thread. He
will very likely have to start a new thread because of your actions.

If you really insist on sending mails on unrelated topics please start a
new thread with a relevant subject (including "[OT]") so that people who
are not interested can ignore it easily. Beware though that it will very
likely be classified as spam and you might be reported to the
listmasters (if this didn't happen already), who could decide to ban you
from Debian lists.

Regards,
Andrei