Re: Any package for surveys?

In <[🔎] 4D42F987.9050101@gmail.com>, elbbit wrote:
>> Yes, *STEALING*.  When you 'hijack' the resources the mailing-list
owner/
>> operator has provided _for_a_specific_purpose_, for somethin
*unrelated*
>> to that purpose, you _are_ stealing.
>
>I would like to invite the mail list administrator to participate in
>this discussion (if desired) and clarify for all whether this argument
>is "OK."  If it is not "OK," I request some clarification.

The mailing list administrators have already provided guidelines for the
list usage.  They appear at <http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/>.  Of
particular importance are two sections: Code of conduct
<http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct> and Debian mailing

From the Coc:
"...off-topic messages [...] are not welcome."
"Do not send spam; see the advertising policy below."
"Make sure that you are using the proper list."

The advertising policy defines "spam" as: "any kind of unsolicited bulk
email"

The topic for debian-user@l.d.o can be found on
<http://lists.debian.org/users.html> and is listed as: "Help and
discussion among users of Debian".

That's fairly broad.  It can certainly be argued that you are within
that definition: I am a user of Debian, you and I are engaged in a
discussion, assuming you are also a user of Debian then your message was
near the beginning of a "discussion among users of Debian".

Still, I did find your message off-topic based on my less broad (and a
bit subjective) topic that I've observed being used on the list.