Re: How to start gdm by default

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 03:22:12AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to start gdm by default on one of my boxes, which is currently
> booting into text mode.
>
> I do have gdm installed:

[cut]

> Where should I tweak? Is above enough?

You might want to look in /etc/X11/default-display-manager. That should
contain a single line:
  /usr/sbin/gdm
If it doesn't, or it points to something else, the GDM init script will
say "Hold on, some other display manager is the default, I'll not
start". This counts as a success, as far as the init script is
concerned, though, so you won't have got an error.