Re: help

Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 schrieb Camaleón:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:54:01 +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> > 2011-01-26 20:16, Hans-J. Ullrich skrev:
> >> Am Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011 schrieb Padilla Juan Leon II:
> (...)

> >> There is no package for adobe flashplayer, but you can install the
> >> package "flashplayer-unfree" from the repository, which includes a
> >> script for installing adobes flashplayer. Works best with iceweasel.
> >> Both architectures are supported.
> >
> > That would be flashplugin-nonfree, and it is available in the "contrib"
> > repository, which has to be activated.
> >
> > According to the wiki-page the flashplugin may not work with debian
> > 5.0.7 (Lenny), but may need debian 6.0 (squeeze).
>
> Uh? How bad! :-(
>
> Anyway, you can always get it from Adobe site:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>
> Installation should be straight-forward (download the "tar.gz" and put
> the extracted "*.so" file under the plugins directory, system-wide or
> under the user's browser profile).
>
> Greetings,

Yes guys, you are right. Sorry for that, I meant "flashplugin-nonfree", and
yes, I am running squeeze.

Besides, I personally recommend squeeze, as squeeze will be very soon becoming
stable, and it is running without any problems on any of my systems (32-bit
and 64-bit). IMO lenny is nowadays a little bit old, with kde3 and old kernel,
although lenny is very well tested. The decision, which one to use, must one
do for himself.

IMO lenny might cause more problems at special wishes, than squeeze, just
because of outdated packages. But that is only my personal opinion.

Just ask for any help.

Have fun!

Hans