Re: Linux disk partition encryption

Hopefully your questions have been answered.  I used cryptsetup and LUKS for 2
partitions.  I have never had exactly 0 problems with it.  LUKS support for
multiple passwords has been helpful.

Now I don't remember that you actually requested a HOWTO, but here it is
anyway.

It is easy, just:
1. Create/choose partition
2. cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sdxn (Give it a passphrase and verify)
3. cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdxn name (give it the passphrase)
4. mkfs /dev/mapper/name
5. Add a line to /etc/crypttab
6. Add a line to /etc/fstab
7. mount /dev/mapper/name /mnt/point

Now everything should be operational and should show up the same way on a
reboot (will ask you for the passphrase).