Re: What no Quanta in Squeeze!?

On 24/01/11 23:33, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In<[🔎] 20110124231519.b623efe3.coolzone@it.dk>, Rico Secada wrote:

Anyone who knows the status of quanta in squeeze?

Squeeze has KDE SC 4 and no KDE 3.  Squeeze does have some KDE 3 libraries,
but it does not have enough of a functioning KDE 3 environment to run Quanta
for KDE 3.

When a version of Quanta is released for KDE SC 4, it will be included as part
of the kdewebdev meta-package.  However, this will clearly not occur before
the release of Squeeze, so Squeeze will not contain Quanta.

I'm running KDE4 on my Ubuntu laptop, with quanta 3.5.10, which appears to work fine.

It would be a shame if Squeeze can't catch up, but there's your alternative distro...

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |