Re: What no Quanta in Squeeze!?

In <[🔎] 20110124231519.b623efe3.coolzone@it.dk>, Rico Secada wrote:
>I was just about to upgrade to squeeze on my laptop, but a quick search
>in the debian package repo shows still no quanta package.. now, thats
>going to be a problem for quite a lot of people.
>
>Anyone who knows the status of quanta in squeeze?

Squeeze has KDE SC 4 and no KDE 3.  Squeeze does have some KDE 3 libraries,
but it does not have enough of a functioning KDE 3 environment to run Quanta
for KDE 3.

When a version of Quanta is released for KDE SC 4, it will be included as part
of the kdewebdev meta-package.  However, this will clearly not occur before
the release of Squeeze, so Squeeze will not contain Quanta.

>I'll have to stick with Lenny or change the distro if quanta isn't part
>of squeeze.

Lenny is still receive security support for a while after the Squeeze release.

Hopefully during that time the CUT (Constantly Usable Testing) efforts and KDE
upstream effort come together for a Quanta you can run on testing (Wheezy)
without having to move away from Debian.  Feel free to join either of those
efforts in order to help yourself.

Failing that, Debian will miss you. :(