Re: Apache SSL named based virtual hosts

Bob Proulx:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>
>> Modern browsers appear to support that TLS extension:
>> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Server_Name_Indication#Browser\
>
> I will implement this in a test installation and get some experience
> with this feature.  The future looks brighter!

The funny thing is that this "new" standard gets adopted at the time
where many ISPs seriously start thinking about IPv6 where address
shortage is not an issue anymore. ;-)

>> When using this, you run into problems with IE<7, though…
>> Personally, I have never seen this in production.
>
> Let me vilify MSIE 6 and say that it needs to die.  Its use is
> damaging to the community.

Sure, and I agree with the rest of what you said. But beware: the
Wikipedia link suggests that SNI isn't supported at all for IE on
Windows XP.

J.
--
Driving behind lorries carrying hazardous chemicals makes me wish for a
simpler life.