Squeeze. 'Buffer I/O error' message has flooding tty opened as root

Hello, list!

I am working as a root in a pure console (/etc/init.d/gdm3 stop,
trying to bring to life VIA8623 graphics) and there are flood of
messages:
[time stamp] Buffer I/O error on device fd0, logical block 0
end_request:  I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0

Messages are stopped after a while, though. Maybe 20-30 of them passed.

The notebook I am working with is an old boy, you bet, but there is no
floppy drive at all and it was never attached. In addition, no signs
of that message in GUI GNOME.
What the underground heartbeat I have?

--
Sincerely Yours'