Re: Debian question

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Richard Lawrence <richard.lawrence@berkeley.edu> wrote:
Kimberly Harvey <kharvey00@gmail.com> writes:

> Question,  after I entered python manage. py syncdb, then there's a
> error which says that I haven't set the database ENGINE settings
> yet. I opened the settings.py file and the ENGINE says
> 'django/db/backends/sqlite3'. You know why I'm facing this problem??

[This question is about Django, not about Debian, so it is more
appropriate for the django-users list:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users]

yes, since this message is off topic and since the user doesn't seem to know much about the facilities he's using, i did a quick search in my bugtrac folder in gmail for django, and picked the first result on the list. this is what django is:
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-1040-1          January 07, 2011
python-django vulnerabilities
CVE-2010-4534, CVE-2010-4535

ie, a security risk. unless you are running quick reports from within a dev machine that you don't really care about - look elsewhere. i would not think of this as a production product.

 however, i'm sure you can find tons of debian tutorials on getting a django environment running. you should also be able to find some django mailing lists and irc rooms. either way, take the advise of prior posts and do some homework before posting and you'll get more helpful responses.