latest ppp does not connect

Hi all,

I am getting problems with the latest version of running ppp from squeeze. As
the version before was running well, I get no success in a connectio with the
latest version. I am using umtsmon which is calling ppp with some switches,
but it is the same, if I use pon, kppp, kde-ppp or similar - the latest ppp-
version does not work.

Maybe someone can help and read the code/changes between the two versions.

Here is the long description with verbose output of each version:

At the moment I solved it for myself by setting ppp on hold.

Needed data:

Computer: EEEPC with debian/squeeze (32-bit)
Modem: Huawei E620
Provider: O2

Hope this helps.

Kind regards