Re: Where are "xrandr" settings stored?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:13:29 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> dijo:

>1/ How can it that xrandr settings are remembered for all the users
>session?
>
>2/ What is the involved file/tweak command to revert any change and
>reset its settings?

I don't know for sure the answers to these questions, but I have some
suggestions for places to look:

1) Rename the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file and then restart the computer.
This will create a new, clean Xorg.0.log file that will be easier to
read than the one you renamed, which probably goes on for pages. Look
through the new file for clues. After reading it, make some command in
xrandr, which will append new information to the file. Read this new
information to see exactly what the command makes X do.

2) Look in /etc/X11/ for configuration files, particularly xorg.conf.
If there is no xorg.conf file try creating a new one using the minimal
commands at x.org:

Section "Device"
     Identifier "n"
     Driver "nouveau"