Re: CAPS key is enabled

----- Original message -----
> Hi,
> On my laptop, running debian (same problem with ubuntu and al)
> the CAPS key is enabled I can't disable it, to do it , I go to the text
> screen, (ctrl+alt+F1), to disable it, after that I come back to the
> graphical interface.
> What is the problem ??
>
> thanks a lot
> best regards
Hi Abdelkader,
seems X doesn't get your keys right.
what does
$ xmodmap -pke | grep Caps
say? After the equals(=) the first thing stated should be the KeyName, it is Caps_Lock here.
$ xmodmap -e "add Lock = Caps_Lock"
then makes the CLO usable. If this works you should take a look at permanent key remapping to make the change persistent through reboot.

greets
Simon