Re: [OT] Re: Evolution 2.30 (squeeze) with exchange

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org> wrote:
> On 18/01/11 22:22, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>> On the 18/01/2011 18:13, deloptes wrote:
> now I use icedove in Imap (activated on
> exchange), plus the exchange data provider for lightning
> (http://gitorious.org/lightning-exchange-provider/pages/Home)
> which is extremely slow, but working (full XUL implementation, that may
> explain the slowness)
>
> I get the global address list through LDAP, but a more integrated
> solution would be interesting.

Hmm, I've tried lighning-exchange-provider with icedove
unsuccessfully.  Though I use unstable, which for now has the same
sqeeze version.  It does seem to connect correctly, but the calendar
never shows up, which is the major feature I expect from it.  For
e-mail I just keep using Imap, though I would change if the
exchange-provider would help.  And it doesn't help with address-book,
ldpa is still required.

So I'm not sure if you got luckier, or I did somehting wrong, but it
is just a plugin that should work out of the box, there's no much to
play around with, except connecting to the exchange server which
requires some info...

Any ways, just to provide my experience exchange-provider now that it
was mentioned, :-)

--
Javier.