Re: How do I install PHP together with Trac?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Daniel Andersson
<list@daniel-gr-andersson.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> What is the best way to install PHP5 on my Debian 6 Squeeze system that I
> use for Trac?
>
> When trying to do a simple installation I get:
>
> # aptitude install php5
>  apache2-mpm-prefork{ab} libapache2-mod-php5{a} libonig2{a} libqdbm14{a}
> php5 php5-cli{a} php5-common{a} php5-suhosin{a}
> 0 packages upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 6,654 kB of archives. After unpacking 17.3 MB will be used.
>  apache2-mpm-prefork: Conflicts: apache2-mpm which is a virtual package.
>  apache2-mpm-worker: Conflicts: apache2-mpm which is a virtual package.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>     Remove the following packages:
> 1)     apache2-mpm-worker
>

> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
>

> I did not chose "Web server" in tasksel when installing Debian, can't
> remember why though. But I do not want to mess anything up, so how do I
> install PHP support?
Simply accept this solution (see [1] and [2] for explication about
apache2-mpm-* & php), and after aptitude does her work, invoke-rc.d
apache2 restart will help you to get php in apache.

Regards,
[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mpm.html
[2] http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.installation.php#faq.installation.apache2