Re: [SOLVED] Is squeeze compatible with WD20EARS and other 2TB drives?

>> > I'm down on these drives due to the maniacal 8 second head park
>> > interval, which likely does more mechanical damage than it saves power
>> > in dollar terms.
>> There is simply no concrete evidence to back this urban legend.
> In the WD20EARS I purchased this was in no way just a legend -- be it
> urban or rural or otherwise.

I'd be really surprised if you had evidence that your drive failed
because of mechanical damage due to aggressive head-park.

And if your drive failed while still young, well that happens to the
best of the drives, and is no evidence that those drives fail more often
than others and even less that if they do it's due to the aggressive
head-park.

        Stefan