Re: aptitude: set all packages auto-installed except given list?

In <[🔎] 20110115133957.GI4148@wasteland.homelinux.net>, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>Florian Kulzer:
>> […] Backticks should also work if you want to avoid the $(...)
>> bashism.
>
>That's not a bashism, it's perfectly legal POSIX/SUS.

It's also preferred over backticks since you can't nest backticks AND some
older shells have "convenient" behavior on input like
"Is it now `date"
that really messes with you if you try and use quotes inside backticks.  Like
making the following ambiguous:
"Is it now`date +" %F "`, but I wish it was 100 years in the future."