Re: Keyboard freezing/repeating endlessly

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:23:09 -0600
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Joe Riel wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:41:30 -0800
> > Joe Riel <joer@san.rr.com> wrote:

> >> To check this, I just restarted the machine and compared the
> >> Xorg.0.log.old file created with the one following a lockup
> >> (and subsequent restart).  The unloading of evdev appears normal,
> >> however, what is not in the "normal" restart log are the lines

> >> Any idea what that might indicate?
> >
> > Those messages appear benign.  That is the result of switching to a
> > virtual terminal and then back to X.  That action does not trigger
> > the keyboard lockup.
> >

> Interesting. How did you figure that out?

tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log

then switched to VT1, then back to X (VT7).
When I came back to X, I could see the log
file being updated.  My tentative conclusion
is that that is normal behavior of X.
Do you see anything similar?

--
Joe Riel