Re: Keyboard freezing/repeating endlessly

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:01:16 -0800, Joe Riel wrote:

> First post to Debian-Users; I hope this isn't inappropriate.

We only allow one serious (non-OT) post per user and day.

(just kidding :-) )

(...)

> $ setxkbmap -model pc104
>
> That didn't improve anything (I still get lockups) nor did it change the
> keyboard operation, as far as I can tell.  However, I'm wondering why X
> is using the wrong keyboard model.  Maybe I entered the wrong model
> during the installation.  What sets the default value (there is no
> xorg.conf file)?

Keyboard setup is done in "/etc/default/keyboard" file.

OTOH, are you sure there is no information/warning about the lock in "/
var/log/Xorg.0.log"? Have you tried with another PS/2 keyboard? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón