Re: Keyboard freezing/repeating endlessly

A few details I omitted.

Once the freeze occurs, the only way I've found to release it is to
restart the machine.  Restarting gdm3 (via a remote computer)
does not help, it brings up the login screen, but the keyboard
is not operational.

The problem also occurs in a virtual terminal (though I've
never been in a virtual terminal when it started).
To get to a virtual terminal with the keyboard dead/repeating,
I added a menu entry, accessible via the mouse,
that calls chvt, and modified the sudoers permission to allow
me to run that.  In the virtual terminal I don't see the
key repeating, but the keyboard does nothing.

I normally run fvwm, but the problem also occurs in Gnome.

If there isn't a fix, are there any ideas on how to at least
clear the fault once it occurs (without restarting the machine)?
As mentioned, typing the key that is repeating does not help.

--
Joe Riel