Re: Re: piping find to zip -- with spaces in path

>Jan 12, 2011 02:02:19 PM, bob@proulx.com wrote:
>Bob Proulx wrote:
>> Real Unix(TM) users never put [^[:ascii:]] characters in file names.
>
>That is what I get for attemping humor on a technical list! Sure
>spaces and other whitespace are ASCII and so the attempt inevitably
>falls into a syntactical correction of my blown punch line. Oh the
>humanity! :-)

I apologize for misunderstanding your joke.  Your points are valid.  As for saying underscore is generally considered an 'ascii character', note the 'quotes'.  In the email I also (erroneously) consider character and 8-bit-char the same.

Real unix users never use a name that isn't a valid C Identifier (except when using URLs)!

PS: And who uses 127-255 characters anyway?  With UTF8 compatible with ASCII, it's pretty much died out AFAIK.

---
rbmj