Re: Squeeze: Gnome icons missing

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:48:05PM +0000, Zeissmann wrote:
> > Your Gnome is probably not the same version number as the online manual
> > refers to. Gnome changes all the time.
>

> This might be so. But then again my local manual (help stuff) says
> exactly the same thing. And still I don't know how to set those icons.

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding.

I have know desktop but I think where you need to be is

Gnome Menu > System Tools (not "System") > Configuration Editor > desktop >
gnome > interface > buttons_have_icons | menus_have_icons
.

If configuration editor isn't there, install gconf2.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody