Re: adding an option for nvidia driver

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-01-07 22:20 +0100, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I can't suspend to ram twice. Once works but never the second time.

So I googled that and there are hints that the nvidia driver is a
fault and the proposed fix is to add 'Nvreg_Mobile=3' as module
option.

What is the right way to do that? The solutions varied from modifying
/etc/modules to changing /etc/modules.conf, which does not exist, and
running update-modules, which isn't around either.

Create a file in /etc/modprobe.d, say /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia.conf, with
the following content:

options nvidia Nvreg_Mobile=3

Note that the file _must_ have a .conf extension, see modprobe.conf(5).

I am running Sid and use the nvidia driver from the nvidia-installer.

This is not to be recommended, but unrelated to the problem.

Thanks Sven, worked like a charm.
nvidia reported "unknown option" and did not load.
Back to the drawing board.

Hugo