Avoiding inconsistencies when using reprepro update

Hello,

I would like to use reprepro to build a local repository based on the
Debian squeeze archive. The initial download will take some time and
will be interrupted irregularly because my machine is not up 24/7.

Before, when I was using simple mirroring software, that was not a
problem. The mirroring software would simply continue interrupted
downlads. But reprepro warns me of possible database inconsistencies
when I interrupt an update started manually.

What actual risks are there and how can I avoid them (other than running
24/7 :)).

Thanks,
Malte