Re: Second acount on iceweasel

On 01/05/2011 05:48 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
I have this iceweasel account (debian machine) for technical stuff and
another acount (thunderbird) on a win2k machine for my normal email. I
want to transfer the win2k account to this machine. How do I do that
without getting the two accounts intermingled.

Gary R.

Hi,
if I understand correctly you have 2 different email accounts for example mail@examle1.com and mail@example2.com?
And I guess you mean icedove not iceweasel?

In that case in debian machine create in icedove mail account from win2k box, then go to edit->account settings->your new mail acc. and under server settings in local directory chouse path where you wont to store mails from win2k. Under copies & folders check that sent, draft etc. folder are on your win2k mail account.

After that copy/paste mail directory from win2k thunderbird to debian icedove directory.

If you have lenny i guess you have previous version of icedove 2.X so when you create your account uncheck something like "Put all mail in local directory".
If you have version 3.X there is not that check box.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic