Error installing Squeeze with root filesystem as btrfs

I installed the Debian squeeze from the current beta 2 netdisk
installer (debian-squeeze-di-beta2-amd64-netinst.iso).

I configured an ext4 partition for /boot on /dev/sda1, and a btrfs
partition for / on /dev/sda2.

On first boot into the system I got the following error:

FATAL: Error inserting btrfs
(/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko): Unknown symbol
in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

A few other errors follow as a consequence of not being able to mount
the root filesystem.  Is installing to a root btrfs filesystem
expected to work in squeeze yet?

--
Paul Richards
@pauldoo