Re: PDF viewer which supports scale-to-fit print (aka "lp -o fitplot")?

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:32:09 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Does anyone know of a pdf viewer which can print with the option
> "scale-to-fit"? Web searched didn't turn up anything useful.

I don't see that option under Evince, yep.

But maybe you can give Evince a chance by creating a new printer instance
in cups (name it, "evince_fiplot_on") and enable "fitplot" option for
that printer in "/etc/cups/printers.conf" (Option fitplot true) :-?

> lp -d printer -o fitplot file.pdf
>
> does what I need, but a GUI is needed for clicky-type users.

(...)

IIRC, Xpdf can pass raw lpr parameters when printing, so maybe it could
be another option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón