Re: udev question

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 09:26:51 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 08:54:28AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> There is a Debian wiki page about the iphone/ipod:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/iPhone
>>
> This link got me a bit further but seems to apply just to the iPhone.

It should be for both :-)

***
This page is intend to describe how Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch are
supported in Debian (DebianSqueeze). For simplicity, both devices will be
referred to as an iPhone.
***

> I followed the instructions anyway but the result was a connection to
> the ipod as a camera (The instructions say decline this option and I
> did but got the camera connection anyway).  As yet I have found no way
> to undo this in order to try again.

Those steps are about how to "sync" your music/photos, but I think the
most important part is the "ifuse" package that allows the device to be
mounted as a mass storage devices. If you already have it installed, plug
the device and check if it is listed as external unit.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón