Re: Scanner recommendations

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:46:58 -0500, vr wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a current shipping quality scanner they've bought
> and used with Squeeze? My Google searches return articles from 2000 and
> 2003. I'd like to scan 35mm negatives, slides, some photos and regular
> paper documents.

I would also look into HP/Epson/whatever "all-in-one" devices because
most of these solutions provide drivers for linux (like "hplip" for HP
devices or "avasys/image scan" for Epson ones).

Yes, I know, I also prefer by far a "stand-alone" scanner, but the good
part is that these devices provide ADF capabilities, ethernet port and
even wifi for a reasonable prize. Just check the device also supports
scanning film negatives and slides alognside with the driver.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón