Re: [OT] Re: E-business and Linux

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:50:15 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:13:14 +0800, Yuwen Dai wrote:

(...)
>> Companies only put money (aka, provide open tools and develop standard
>> applications) when they know they are going to get any gain and most of
>> their users are using "windows/explorer" binomial, so (sigh) "why they
>> should care"? ;-/
>>

> If some ordinary web pages are not Linux/firefox friendly, I can give it
> up.   But I have to do E-trade via internet, at that time, I have to
> switch to Windows, where there're some "security software" released by
> banks and E-trade companies.  In fact, I feel very unsafe doing these
> thing in Windows :-(

You have to face what I said before: Windows moves more money than Linux,
at least in the desktop market, so banks and trading companies (and many
more companies) develop their tools (plugins for browsers, widgets,
gadgets...) mostly for Windows (and maybe MacOS) so it is not strange
they provide an ActiveX instead a Java plugin or another tool that is "OS-
agnostic", but this is a very well known situation since years... nothing
new. I only hope they start changing their mind.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón