Re: dumb question about blu ray drive configuration and playing blu ray movies etc....

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Michael Fothergill
<michael.fothergill@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Can you burn blu ray disks in debian?
> Michael Fothergill

Hmm, as far as I know the original cdrecord [1] from the original
cdrtools has been advertised to burn BluRay for quiet a while now.  I
don't have BluRay media, so I can't tell about BluRay, but for burning
dvds/cds I only use the original cdrecord.  Bad thing debian doesn't
come with it, but to my opinion it's a nice piece of software I've
been using for more than 10 years, so I whether compile it and install
it myself, or look for debian packages outside debian repos (grml one
integrates nicely with debian, and it includes original cdrecord for
x86_32 architecture, they don't include it for x86_64)...

Graphical interfaces for cdrecord are the same ones you would expect
to work with wodim from cdrkit, though I don't use any, so I can't
recommend...

--
Javier.

[1]   http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html