Re: Activating Emacs packages without restarting Emacs

On 12 December 2010 10:02, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:03:09 -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> If I install an Emacs package with apt, how do I make it take hold in
>> Emacs without restarting Emacs? Does it vary per package?
>
> Maybe this helps:
>
> How To Install Emacs Packages
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_installing_packages.html

No, this has got nothing to do with system-wide locations or Debian
packaging. :-(

I've tried things like looking at the .el files that a Debian package
provides and try to execute them, but that's error-prone. I was hoping
for a method like "eval this elisp file" and see if that worked.

- Jordi G. H.