Re: "No devices found" in X

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 08:59:17AM EST, Celejar wrote:

[..]

> If we can establish that this was the problem (that it must be
> built-in, and not built as a module), is this a bug?  I suppose that I
> should at least update the Wiki to warn about this.

Not sure if it's relevant, but this vaguely reminds me of having had to
add my old ATI mach64's module 'atyfb' to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
to run the FB console in 1400x1050 mode without having to compile custom
kernels. Timing issue, I guess. I see that I still have it configured
this way in my lenny setup.

I've never had a machine with an intel chip and frambuffer console
issues, so I wouldn't know if this makes any sense in your case, of
course.

cj