Debian Squeeze and encrypted LVM

Hi all,

Today I installed Debian Squeeze on an entirely encrypted LVM partition as proposed by the Installer (beta2).  After several hours of initializing my disk it finally installed and when I booted into the new system I saw an unrecognized partition entry in my Places menu, Computer, and the Gnome Disk Utility which refers to /dev/dm-0 which cannot be mounted and has the same size as my hard drive.  Can anyone please tell me what is this weird thing and how to get rid of it?  I found a bug report which seems to describe exactly the same issue but no workarounds and explanations: http://osdir.com/ml/debian-bugs-dist/2010-12/msg04429.html.

Thanks.

Nima :-)