[OT] Debian newcomers (was: lenny squeeze etc etc)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:42:39 +0000, teddieeb wrote:

> To me, it seems reasonable to talk about this as newcomers (me included)
> are not aware of the inners of these naming decisions, but my vote would
> go for the current system.
>
> [SNIP]
>
> Camaleón
>
> -------
>
> Camaleón, a newcommer???

In Debian, yes (my first contact with Debian was just a year ago). For
instance, I don't know the why of the codenames/number decision, because
I was not there and did not follow the discussion :-)

> I just don't see that, you are able to like help almost everybody who
> post an issue... I so thought you're a SysAdmin... Maybe even a
> Devloper!

Yes, I'm using linux for several years (as both, user and admin), but not
Debian. And migration from other distribution is not always that easy,
you need to get some background first (there are many things that change
and you have to find out the better way for doing the same things in a
different form), so in this regard you are happy as a sandboy: all is new
and exciting again, but you also miss some little things, like this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón