Re: Random freezes in booting in squeeze beta.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 11:46:26 +0200, Prekates Alexandros wrote:

> In squeeze beta some times system freezes at boot up. Today it freezed
> in the cups line. Now its running but in dmseg there is no cups  line!!
> Can cups start only some times?

No, it should boot always, provided that you have setup Cups service to
be enabled at booting. OTOH, I do not have any cups line in dmesg:

sm01@stt008:~$ dmesg | grep -i cups
sm01@stt008:~$

It is located in "/var/log/boot" (first you have to enable "boot log" to
get that file):

stt008:/var/log# cat boot | grep -i cups
Sat Dec 18 10:24:54 2010: Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.

> Yesterday if freezed some times again printing traces (that i dont have
> in screenshot for now), with lines like BUG:
>
> BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s! [khubd.s] or BUG: Unable to
> handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff.

I think you already filled a bug report, but for the installation log.
Ensure you have an up-to-date squeeze and if still having those freezes
from time to time, you can try by disabling KMS at booting. If that
solves nothing, open a new bug report against the kernel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón