Re: Weird icon colors in squeeze (ppc). Which package should i file a bug report for?

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:50:09 -0500, Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:

>> > Since my upgrade to squeeze, many menu icons, scrollbars, and some
>> > images displayed in browsers have been displaying funky colors. I
>> > don't know which package is causing this bug, so can anyone offer any
>> > advice?
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Quick check: does it happen when you login with a fresh new created
>> user?
>
> No. When gdm3 is launched, or when I log in with either my current
> account or a brand-new one, the colors are messed-up. (I've also noticed
> that icons in Evolution disappear or reappear depending in part upon
> which way one rolls the mouse over them.)
>
> However, I just tried logging-in using Xephyr (Applications > System
> Tools > "New Login in a Window"), and gdm3 and both accounts display
> proper colors and displays icons regardless of theme, but only in that
> window.

Maybe your icon's cache file is corrupted somehow :-?

You can try to update it with "gtk-update-icon-cache" command (read the
man page for a proper usage). Or you can also try by renaming the
original "/usr/share/icons/your_theme/icon-theme.cache" file so it gets
recreated from scratch.

> P.S. I'm not sure if I'll manage to get this in the original thread, so
> here's the original message:

Don't worry, your message was properly threaded :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón