Re: [Fwd: Re: An Aptitude and Repository Question]

Please don't top-post.  Interleaved style is preferred by many members.
Please trim quoted text.  In this context, most of the other members have
already received the quoted text and minimal context is required.

I've tried to fix these issues below.

In <[🔎] 1292250768.2806.17.camel@eren-deb64>, Debian TR wrote:
>On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:18:38 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>>On Ma, 07 dec 10, 17:14:24, Debian TR wrote:
>>> I added tor project's and wine's repositories to my sources.list.
>>>
>>> However, when I aptitude update and install tor/wine (even thuogh their
>>> versions are higher), aptitude tries to install them from debian
>>> repositories.
>>
>>Please post the full output of
>>
>>apt-cache policy
>>apt-cache policy tor
>>apt-cache policy wine

>On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 15:37 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>> On Lu, 13 dec 10, 14:22:34, Debian TR wrote:
>> > Since there wasn't any reply so far, I didn't mark the mail as
>> > "solved".
>> > But, thanks anyway. I found a way to fix it.
>>
>> Your fix might be useful for others if it's available in the
>> archives ;)
>
>I just read the man (apt_preferences) page :)
>
>Then, added the line below to /apt/preferences
>
>Package: tor
>Pin: origin "deb.torproject.org"
>Pin-Priority: 900
>
>I gave 900 since the testing repo, with the highest pin number, is also
>900, so aptitude automatically chooses the highest version. However,
>when I do "apt-get cache policy tor", it shows that torproject.org is
>still 500. Because aptitude installed the right version, it did not
>bother me much.

If you post the full output of (apt-cache policy) as Andrei requested, I'm
sure someone can propose apt_preferences(5) stanzas that give you good
results.